Thursday, July 21, 2011

Brussel Sprouts

When I was younger, my dad went through a phase where he wanted to be a gourmet chef... and made us eat things like brussel sprouts. I hated it.

I avoided the dreaded brussel sprout for years.

Recently though, I've learned that these wild cabbages are really good for you. So, I bought some at Trader Joe's and tried re-acclimating my tastebuds. Success. They're Zach's new favorite vegetable to eat with dinner (and we eat them at least once a week.)


The recipe's easy: cut the sprouts in half; blanch them for 3 minutes; strain them and place them on a cookie sheet; add olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper to taste; bake at 350* for 15 minutes. See? Easy. 

Birthday party update: started making a doily garland to hang around the back patio as decoration.


(Thanks for sharing your impressive modeling skills with the world, Zach.)

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't been brave enough to try brussel spouts, but I might just have to try yours! Thanks for sharing! Oh and you were in my dream last night. Nothing weird or anything ;) But I got to hug you and tell you how proud I am of the woman you have become. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...