Friday, July 29, 2011

Parent Weekend

I love it when my family comes to visit. I don't get to see them all that often, so it's extra special when we get to spend a few sweet moments together.

My parents flew in from Portland tonight, and after a very quick tour of our extra-small apartment, they made themselves at home:


... and told me and Zach about this new game they're playing (Friends with Words?) on their phones. Example:


After a quick dinner of taco salad (made by yours truly), we decided to walk to The Grove (the ginormous outdoor mall by my house) to find some dessert. Instead, we ended up at the Farmer's Market drooling over these beauties...


... and looking for new juicing materials. (BTW, we juiced some kale, parsley, spinach, and cucumber together the other night. It tasted like plant. Never again.)


I love the Farmer's Market because fruits and veggies are always fresh and HUGE. Like, these brussel sprouts for example? Almost as big as my hand...


As a not-so-healthy alternative, we stopped by a next-door ice cream stand for chocolate dipped cones (my mom's so cute.)


For the evening's finale, we hit up The Grove's water fountain show (choreographed to "That's Amore.")


Such a fun night! Already looking forward to tomorrow... we've got waffles, sausage, and pie on the menu (although not together.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...