Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cupcake Hiatus

Zach has politely asked me to take a break from cupcake-baking for a little while. Since we got married, I've faithfully baked a new cupcake flavor (almost) every week. We've tried coconut...


...pina colada...


...oreo...


and mocha (to name a few.)


To be honest, I really don't eat many of the cupcakes I make. After sneaking tastes of batter throughout the entire process, I'm usually sugared out by the time they're actually finished. But, Zach says they tend to be rich and has requested a hiatus for a month or two.

Nonetheless, we're having a party tomorrow at work (celebrating our move from the 6th floor to the 8th floor - woo hoo!) and I'm supposed to bring a dessert. So, I pulled out old faithful... my absolute favorite cookie recipe of all time: Clementine's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (recipe HERE.) They're pretty much perfect (without the cinnamon, nutmeg and walnuts that the recipe suggests.)

I can't lie. I probably ate a pound of the cookie dough before it was even cooked. But, look how beautiful they are! (Oh, almost forgot. Subbed M&Ms for the chocolate chips.)


While the cookies were cooling, I worked on a craft project in preparation for my birthday party. I found cute instructions for hand-made party hats on "Oh Happy Day!" and thought I'd try them out.

They're not finished yet (still have to add the bling) but I think I'm off to a good start, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...