Thursday, August 4, 2011

First Thursday

On the first Thursday of every month, a plethora of Food Trucks descend upon Melrose Avenue. Lucky for Zach and I, Melrose is only three blocks north of our house - just a quick jaunt up the street.




So, on the first Thursday of every month, we have a standing date.

These fun date nights have allowed us to try Nom Nom, Frysmith and tonight, Grilled Cheese and Cool Haus.

People at work have been raving about The Grilled Cheese Truck's Brie and Apple sandwich... so Zach and I got it.


It was good! (Although, I'm still obsessed with Alcove's.)


Then, we tried Cool Haus's peanut butter cookies with Nutella ice cream (what?!?) Um, delicious! (Of course, we're obsessed with Nutella... but still.)


I usually don't find enough time to hang out around Melrose. But on days like first Thursday, it's always fun. Melrose is so funky and weird. And, I love the street art. I fond myself staring at this mural while we waited for our sandwiches:


It's no Shepard Fairey... but fun nontheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...