Monday, August 22, 2011

Ich Bin Ein Berliner

I listen to NPR every day on my way to work.

Last week, they had a whole segment on the Berlin Wall (August marks the 50th year since the wall was built.) As they interviewed locals - who saw the wall go up, and come down - I found myself becoming super nostalgic. Four years ago, Zach, myself and six other friends went to Berlin for two weeks. I adored the city... and, until last week, I didn't realize how much I missed it.

{Reichstag}


{Whittenburg - and Luther's 95 Thesis}




{Random Apartment Complex}


{A Berliner Beach}




{?}


{Fernsehturm - Television Tower}


{Baby Zach and Ali flirting at a train station...}


Berlin is a juxtaposition of a city. It's a beautiful blend of history and culture, art and science, old and new (with a few discos thrown in.) I love, love, loved it. And, I can't wait to go back.... Zach?

1 comment:

  1. We went there about 6 years ago. But we went in the winter so it was all covered in snow. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...