Thursday, August 25, 2011

Weeknight Dinners

One of the hardest things about having a full-time job is making dinner when I get home. After 8 hours of work, who wants to cook?

Thus, I've been scouting for new (... and easy... and fast) recipes to make in the evenings. This way, Zach and I don't have to eat at Chipotle every other night (...not that I'm complaining.)

This week, we've been really good! I've managed to cook every night - and Zach's been super helpful as a cleaner-upper.

So far, we've had:

1) Tilapia, green beans, and roasted potatoes (I made up this recipe, so I can't give it to you.)


2) Bucatini with turkey sausage and zucchini. This was good! Zach loved it and it was super-easy. I thought it had too many onions... so, if you're not an onion person, put in less.


3) Oven fried chicken with crunchy broccoli slaw. The recipe for the broccoli slaw was good - just too salty. Definitely cut the salt in half.


4) Chicken cutlets with tomato saute, and brussel sprouts. If you love tarragon, you'll love this. Myself... not much of a tarragon person (this recipe helped me to discover that.)


Finally, I won the "best-wife-ever" award with this Lime and Blackberry Italian Meringue Pie. By far, it was the hardest recipe I've ever made (and the most time intensive.) But, dang... It is delicious!


What are your go-to weeknight recipes? I'm looking for new options - so anything can offer would be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...