Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Chalkboard Everything

A few years ago, I saw a picture (in a book in Anthropologie) where an artist painted an huge armoire with chalkboard paint - then wrote all over it. Since then, I've been obsessed with the idea of covering furniture in chalkboard paint. (Hence my deciding to paint the new side table.)

And, why not? Chalkboard paint is awesome. For instance, check out these cool pictures from Apartment Therapy:

[photo from here]

[photo from here]

[photo from here]

[photo from here]

Besides the side table, I'm planning to cover some particle board with the chalkboard paint. I'll then insert it into a giant antique frame, draw a picture inside, and "viola!" Instant art.

If I have any paint left over, I think I'll paint a big square in the office too... Just for fun.

I stopped by Home Depot today, to pick up supplies for this new craft project. They had everything except for chalk.


I'm getting excited! I can't wait to show you the final product!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...