Friday, September 16, 2011

Hostess

I love hosting dinner parties.

Maybe it's because dinner time was so important in our family - we all sat down together at the table every night. My mom always used the special napkins - even if it wasn't a special night.

Or, it could be because I just LOVE food. And sharing food with other people, who appreciate it as much as you do, is amazing. Some of my happiest memories are centered around communal meals.

Whatever the reason, I like to share meals with friends as often as possible... And that's exactly what Zach and I did tonight.


It's a random Thursday, not the best night for a dinner party. But, I haven't seen my old roommate Jana and her husband Shawn in a while. I miss them. So, they got the invite. I made lasagna.


I got off work a little early, so I had time to clean up around the house and set the table up prettily.



I finished the meal with nectarine cobbler (a recipe I made up on the spot.) It was delish.


Good times were had by all.



A warm summer night, filled with lots of laughter and good food? What could be better?

2 comments:

  1. looks great. i kinda wish there were a picture of me eating that lasagna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JON! You and Janna need to come over soon. I'd love to make lasagna for you both. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...