Monday, October 10, 2011

Forty Seven

Before enrolling in my company's health insurance plan this year, I was required to take a "quiz" that rated my current healthiness (based on exercise, eating habits, and emotional health.)

 {photo from here}

I've always thought I was fairly healthy: I'm not overweight, I don't smoke, I exercise (sometimes when I feel like it), and I try to eat fruits and veggies. In fact, when my coworker told me he got a 58 out of 100 on the quiz I thought, "Psh. I'm so going to beat you. I'm totally healthy. I'll probably be like, an 80 or something."

Yea... about that.

I got a 47 out of 100. FORTY SEVEN?!?

Oh dear. This is bad. And I need to make some changes.

1) I need to start working out - for reals. More than these once-a week, half-a**ed trips to the gym where I mess around on the elliptical for 15 minutes (at level 2) and then wave 2.5 pound weights around until I'm bored.

 {photo from here}

2) I need to eat more fruits and vegetables. The paleo diet is helping with this... but Zach and I should probably stop cheating on the weekends.

{photo from here}

3) I need more sleep. Period.

 {photo from here}

4) I need to drink more water. This is a big one... because I don't like water (it's so boring.) I'd much rather drink tea or something. Does that count?

 
{photo from here}

So, that's the plan - and I'm already off to a good start.

Yesterday, I forced myself to really work out - and now I'm actually sore (*yay.) And, I didn't eat ANY carbs today: just fruits, veggies, and lean meat.

Now, let's just see if I can sustain it through tomorrow. One day at a time...

1 comment:

  1. I scored a 37. That was definitely a wake-up call. So last night I went to a yoga class & played softbal....haha! talk about reactionary.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...