Wednesday, October 5, 2011

On Rainy Days

Today, it finally felt like Autumn has arrived in LA. It was cold, overcast... and totally rainy (as in, my pants were drenched just from walking to my car at lunch.)

Rainy days are supposed to be lazy days. So, I get slightly annoyed when it rains on weekdays instead of weekends. And, traffic is TERRIBLE here when it rains. For example, I was 30 minutes late to work today from increased road congestion. Yuck.

Thus, I've decided that it must rain this weekend  - just so I can live out my already developed, perfect rainy day plan.

My perfect rainy day consists of a good sleep in and a lazy morning in bed, listening to the raindrops hitting my windows...

{photo from here}

... a cup of black tea, with cream and sugar, of course...

{photo from here}

... an hour (or two) in front of a roaring fireplace, reading classic literature...

{photo from here}

... sweatpants, sweatpants, sweatpants...

{photo from here}

... thick knit, cozy socks...

{photo from here}

... maybe an afternoon walk, in my favorite rain boots, followed by a hot shower...

{photo from here}

... mood lighting a la candles...

{photo from here}

... and re-runs of Friends.


Too bad the weatherman says it'll be sunny and 75* this weekend. Sigh.

I may be living in the wrong state...

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a perfect rainy day...especially Friends reruns and a fireplace!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...