Thursday, October 20, 2011

Soupy Soup

Finally.

Los Angeles is FINALLY cooling down. And, The Weather Channel says it's supposed to stay cool... at least for the next 10 days (and the people rejoiced!)

Cooler weather is a godsend - I'll finally have the energy (and temperament) to start cooking again. Um, who wants to make a hot meal in a hot oven on a hot day? Not I.

And, cooler weather means I can start making my favorite cool weather meal: soup.

This fall, I already have plans to test-drive some new recipes from my favorite foodie blogs. 

Smitten Kitchen's Roasted Red Pepper Soup:

Annie's Eat's Cauliflower Soup:

Brown Eyed Baker's Butternut Squash Soup:

And I'll probably be making my go-to, all time favorite a few times.

Real Simple's Smoky Corn Chowder

Don't these pictures make you want to curl up in a cozy chair next to the fire with a good book and a warm, delicious bowl of soupy soup? Yum. 

That's all for now, friends. Have a souper day! (Sorry. I had to.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...