Saturday, November 12, 2011

Painted Plates

I love having holiday themed dishes. But, I'm SUPER picky about the ones I like (and they tend to be too expensive for my meager holiday budget.) Thus, this year I decided to make my own. (Who needs West Elm anyway?)

My friend Angi introduced me to Pebeo Porcelaine paint (found at most craft stores.) You can paint it onto any porcelain surface, bake it, and viola! A "Color-Me-Mine" creation from the comfort of your own home.

For this particular project, I bought a cheap platter from Ross. Then, I found a turkey silhouette online (since I can't freehand a turkey. They're very detailed little birds.)


I cut out the silhouette so it formed a sort-of stencil - which i taped to the platter.


Once it was attached, I painted inside the stencil until no white showed through. Then I removed the paper, did some touch ups and... ta da!



After baking for 30 minutes at 350* it's safe to use for our Thanksgiving dinner (in less than 2 weeks!)

1 comment:

  1. this is awesome!!!! i want to do it tooooooooo!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...