Saturday, December 3, 2011

Snow Days

This week in Southern California we had a crazy wind storm that shut down a huge portion of the city. My office and apartment weren't directly affected, but many people were asked to stay home and avoid the streets (which were littered with fallen trees.)

The whole experience made me reminiscent of the snow days in my childhood.

{photo from here}

Snow in Portland is uncommon. So, when it comes, chaos ensues. 
Businesses and schools close. People hunker down at home to wait out the storm, make hot chocolate, and search for their missing mittens. 

{photo from here}

Then, it's time to play.

{photo from here}

{photo from here}

{photo from here}

I think I'm due for a snow day. 
Hoping (dreaming?, wishing?) we get one this winter...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...