Sunday, January 29, 2012

{I HATE ALL MY CLOTHES} Mixing Patterns


This is week 2 in my attempt to re-vamp my wardrobe. I'm trying to create new outfits - using the clothes and accessories I already have.

Last week, I designed an outfit around a new necklace that I didn't know how to wear. This week, I'm working with the Loft broach (turned hairpiece) that I wore at my wedding reception (please excuse my crazy hair in the photo below):


I love the muted pink color of the broach - and that it's covered in sequins. And, it definitely matches with a lot of my clothes... I just forget to wear it.

So, for the outfit below, I paired it with with a retro style shirt, polka dot skirt, and slouchy black boots. And yes, I broke the rules by mixing patterns. Generally, I try to stay away from this taboo (because it's hard to do it well.) Here though, I think it works:


Sometimes it's nice to break all the rules. :)


{wedding photo by bryan rupp. other photos by me. shirt = nordstrom, skirt = anthropologie, boots = cathy jean}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...