Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Little Valentines Bling {Or, the Easiest Garland You'll Ever Make}


We all know how much I love to decorate for holidays (remember Halloween? Christmas?)... and Valentines Day is right around the corner. I didn't want to go overboard for a *cough* made-up *cough* holiday (there, I said it) but I still felt the need to do something - however simple and subtle it may be. 

Enter: my idea for a sparkly heart garland. It only requires 5 ingredients, found at every craft store.


STEP ONE: To start, I found some heart stencils online (by typing "heart stencils" into Google images), printed them out, and used them to trace heart shapes on the back of the sparkly paper.






STEP TWO: I cut them out.


STEP THREE: I punched a hole in the middle of the heart - at the top (right under where the two bumps meet.)





STEP FOUR: I strung the white ribbon through the hole and tied a knot where I wanted the heart to hang. I tied a bow on top of the knot (and then tied the two ears of the bow together again for extra support.)


STEP FIVE: I repeated step four until all the hearts were hanging from the ribbon.


Pretty dang cute, right?

2 comments:

  1. Hi ali!
    My name is Ana and I'm writing you all the way from Portugal. I got your blog through blogstar and couldn't resist taking a peek. I loved it. It's so sweet and simple. I love the clean design, everything is easy to find. I think you got yourself a follower!
    xo,
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ana! I'm so excited that you found it. The blog's been an interesting journey, but I feel like I'm finally on the right track!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...