Sunday, January 8, 2012

Warmth for the Cold

Per my last post, each year after the holidays I feel a little melancholy. 

You know that feeling? When you've been looking forward to something for weeks and weeks - and then, before you know it, it's over? 

It's worst during these first couple weeks of January. At this point, the excitement of the holidays has faded and winter's in full swing - with a solid two months left until spring. Left to my own devices, I can get pretty grumpy thinking about the lack of sun and the frigid mornings that will haunt me each day until March.

Instead, I'm trying to focus my attention on all the good things that happen during this time of year... 

Like tights: winter is the best time to wear them. This year I'm all about spicing up my old outfits with the addition of fun colors and textures on my legs.

{from here}

And hot drinks: chai lattes and hot chocolate weren't meant for warm weather. They taste best when your hands are cold (and you can see your own breath.)

{from here}

The Oscars: Despite the programming flaws, I still feel obligated to watch. Beautiful people in beautiful clothing? Yes, please. (Don't Grace Kelly and Audrey Hepburn look lovely here? They're waiting backstage at the 1956 Oscars.)

{from here}

Valentines Day: For us, it's not that big of a deal. But, we'll go out for dinner and I'll probably get flowers - so that's a *win* in my book.

{from here}

And New York: Zach and I are taking an anniversary trip (celebrating our 1st year!) to the big apple. That, in itself, is a lot to look forward to!

{from here}

What keeps you excited during these cold winter months?

2 comments:

  1. I don't really have cold weather since we live in Hawaii but this time of year I am taking the time to organize and get rid of extra junk in anticipation of my husbands return from overseas!! That is what has be excited!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally!! Congrats on seeing your hubby soon. That's got to be the most exciting thing EVER.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...