Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Little Life Update


There's been lots of excitement in the Piepmeyer household this month - and I'm excited to share some big news!

I took a huge leap of faith and decided to make a career change. Starting March 2, I'll be taking some time off to focus on a few of my current passions...

1) My Etsy Shop. I've been wanting to sell prints and cards of my caricatures (see above) FOREVER. I just haven't had the time to get everything up and running (it's a lot of work!) With this change, I'll be able to invest time into filling out new business paperwork, ordering supplies, and selling my wares.

2) This Blog. I have big dreams for Urban-Lace (which will be experiencing a name change in the next few weeks, by the way. Long story.) With a little TLC, I think this blog can be something awesome - even better than it is now (hard to believe, I know.)

3) Empower Africa. I've taken a part-time position as the Communication Director? (title to be determined) for a nonprofit that creates sustainable communities in Eastern and Southern Africa. I'll be putting my advertising knowledge to use by helping them set up a new website, donor database, and social media strategy.

Ultimately I'm really, really, really, really happy - and excited to think about what the future has in store. And I thought you, my faithful blog followers, would like to know. :)

Happy Wednesday!

PS - New name ideas for the blog would be much appreciated. If you think of anything rad, email me at alison@urban-lace.com.

2 comments:

  1. Thats super great Alison!! Im so excited for you and your new journey!!
    - Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicole! I'm excited too! I think great things are in store for the future. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...