Friday, March 23, 2012

Evolving


This week, I took an online class for bloggers/Etsy shop owners (which was AWESOME, by the way.) But, the instructor made some really good points about the evolution of our craft.

She said small business owners like us should be constantly aspiring to make their work better: cleaner, more efficient, more engaging. She said that we shouldn't be afraid to continually re-evaluate our goals and the path we're taking to reach those goals. It's OK to make changes to your product, branding, photography, schedule, timelines, etc. to better your business along the way. 

Since I started working from home, I've felt overwhelmed. I've been challenged to make all my work excellent. But, an excellent blog post takes a long time (that "Tangy Pepper Pecan Brie" one from yesterday? Yea, 4 hours.} It's hard to focus on my other life pursuits (my Etsy shop for one) when I'm spending all my time blogging. 

So, I'm taking that instructor's advice and deciding to evolve. Initially, this means I'm going to cut back on my blog posts. From now on, you can expect THREE excellent posts a week. On Monday, you'll get some fashion insights. On Wednesday, I'll give you a craft. And on Friday, a recipe. Every once in a while, you may get a few extra tidbits... but for the most part, just count on three.

 Ahhhh. Evolution feels good!

{The above picture has nothing to do with anything... I'm just kind of obsessed with Max Wagner these days.}

1 comment:

  1. One way to keep viewers is adding wordless posts with just photography. Say....wordless wednesday's..or some such phrase. Random photos. But it's great to see you invest in your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...