Monday, March 26, 2012

{I HATE ALL MY CLOTHES} Repurposing


A lot of fashion bloggers that I follow are constantly posting about new outfits, with (what seems like) a never-ending supply of new clothes. I'll admit, they always look great... but I can't seem to figure out how they afford all these new looks.

The rest of us, who are living on a budget, have to get creative with our outfits - which sometimes means re-wearing our clothes in a different way.

Since I'm a big believer in the "only-have-a-few-pieces-that-you-really-love" rule, I re-wear my clothes a lot. But, I try to mix it up by wearing them in unexpected ways.

Take for instance, the above dress, shoes and blouse. I've worn them all in other fashion posts, but never together.


Wearing the dress as a jumper gives the outfit a whole different look - with a retro/seventies vibe.

I wore it to a recent craft/networking event at Anthropologie, and got lots of compliments for the way I layered the blouse. It's not something I would normally do, but I took a risk and... success!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...