Monday, March 19, 2012

{Thrifted} The Little Black Dress


I'm not much of a thrift/vintage store shopper. I don't like shopping. So, searching for a few gems among many not-so-amazing pieces is overwhelming and stressful for me.

But, my friend Brooke gets ALL her clothes from vintage stores - and she's always wearing the most unique pieces. It's inspiring! So, I decided to brave my fear and try to find a vintage dress for a friend's wedding.


I started (and ended) my search at Shareen Vintage, located in a converted warehouse in LA. It took me a while to find the entrance - which is only marked with a red petticoat and a sign that says "No Boys Allowed!"

Inside, the amazing salesgirl helped me search for classic pieces with a little 50's flair. There were a plethora of choices, but ultimately I settled on a little black dress. I didn't want a black dress (I have a love-hate relationship with black clothes) but it fit me so perfectly, I couldn't resist.

My favorite thing about vintage clothes is that they usually have a lot of fun details. This one, for instance, actually has a pencil skirt. But there's a chiffon overlay (hemmed with satin ribbon) that adds some extra movement (and it's great for twirling, obviously.)

Plus, no one else will have this dress - I'll never (again) show up to a party in the same outfit as someone else. Win-win!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...