Friday, April 20, 2012

EAT IT // Artichoke Tapenade


I know the recipes I put up on this blog aren't always the healthiest. But believe it or not, Zach and I actually maintain a fairly healthy diet. We rarely eat red meat, if we eat carbs - they're whole wheat, and we have fresh fruits or veggies with every meal.

That being said, I don't like to deprive myself of indulgences (whether sweet or savory) every once in a while. Life is meant for living... and there are some things (like ice cream) that just make life a little better. (RIGHT?)

On days when I want to indulge with salt, I make artichoke tapenade. The recipe, which only has seven ingredients, is super easy - especially if you have a food processor. But even if you don't (like me,) it just requires a little chopping action. And really, who can't chop?

To start, you'll need:


Then, just chop everything!! (Well, except the lemon... that should be zested and squeezed. And, olive oil can't really be chopped. But seriously, you shouldn't be so literal.)


Mix your chopped (and zested) stuff with the olive oil and lemon juice.

And that's it. You're DUN. This swirl of salty, garlicky goodness is ready for devouring. :)

What's your favorite (indulgent) salty snack??


Artichoke Tapenade
Adapted from The Pampered Chef

1/2 tsp. lemon zest
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
1/4 cup packed, fresh Italian parsley, chopped
1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup pitted green olives, chopped
1 tbsp. drained capers, chopped
5 tbsp. olive oil

Mix all ingredients together. Serve with pretzels, crackers, or toasted bread. 

2 comments:

  1. that looks quite nice when all done, but I'm not a fan of artichoke, so I don't know.. :) but those pretzels I would gladly have :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. Yea, if you don't like artichoke - this might not be the best recipe for you. :)

      Here's another Pampered Chef tapenade recipe (artichoke free!): http://www.pamperedchef.com/recipe_search/recipe.jsp?id=100545

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...