Monday, April 16, 2012

WEAR IT // Meet {Megan}


[World Market earrings, Loft cardigan, Marshall's shirt, thrifted shorts, Cosette ring, Banana Republic Outlet sunnies, vintage briefcase, Steve Madden boots]

In the last few weeks, I've really been thinking about friendship. The older I get (26 in August, ah!) the more I realize that truly great friends are such rare gems... few and far between. Truthfully, I can probably count the great friendships of my life on one hand. And, if the statistics are true, that's similar to most of the people in the US.

Where am I getting with this? Well, to Miss Megan Klingensmith. My friendship with Megan is one of the "greats." I met Megan at first job after college. We started on the same day, in the same department, in the same position (fate?) and instantly connected. She's one of those unique people who genuinely cares about you - and sincerely wishes for your success (without any jealousy or competition or insecurity.) It's a breath of fresh air, and I'm consistently challenged to love others the way she does.

But, enough with the sappy love letter. Megan is also a babe with fantastic fashion sense (I really miss living with her and raiding her closet every morning.)  So, when she drove out to visit me this weekend (for a little thrift store shopping,) I coerced her into letting me photograph her outfit. She even took the time to write out a few comments on the pieces she's wearing. So, without further ado, here's Megan: 





[I've always LOVED Megan's feather ring. Her friend Kimberly got it from this Etsy shop. Since they no longer sell these rings though, you can also buy them here.]


[She also has the cutest journals... which she carries with her wherever she goes. This one's by Jill Bliss. Her favorite quote in the journal?: "Give today all the love and intensity and courage you can, and keep traveling honestly along life's path. - Shauna Niequist]


Isn't she a doll? Thanks Megan. You inspire me in so many ways. :)

5 comments:

  1. Hey Ali,

    This is Amanda from the Alt Summit Class - Growing Your Readership. I couldn't find your contact info anywhere, so I decided to leave a comment.

    I'm also in LA, and I'm thinking of putting together an LA meetup. If you're interested, email me at amhabbershaw@gmail.com

    If you know of any other LA bloggers, have them email me too. The more the merrier!

    Best,
    Amanda

    P.S. Sorry for the weird comment :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweet lady! I found your blog via oh, hello friend and am SO GLAD that I did! I'm your newest follower! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I'm so glad you found it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...